I was extremely delighted when I decided 41 Fleet Street would be my next destination. This location is known for being violent. But you know me, I can't bail on the opportunity that will educate, stimulate and motivate my mind, body and soul. I was informed about how amazing it was. So, I started my research and it drove my desire to want more.
When I arrived, I was greeted with houses coated with the most luminous paintings.
1. 41 Fleet Street is located in Parade Gardens Downtown Kingston.
2. Native from France Marianna Farag is the founder of Paint Jamaica which was created in 2014 which consisted of local artists. It's a street art movement with a mission to enhance the walls of inner city communities with amazing paintings.
3. A collective of foreigners and local artists were created. They communicated with individuals from the community to find out the visions and wishes they had for Parade Gardens.
4. A huge deserted warehouse was converted into art.
5. I took a moment to assess the surrounding and to capture it all in. It was just stunning. All the paintings explain a narrative. The paintings seem to demonstrate the wishes, expectations and background of members of the community.
6. I Applaud Paint Jamaica for the amazing work they did in the Parade Gardens community.
8. Visitors are given a chance to explore this part of Jamaica which was unknown even to some Jamaicans.
9. I was in a situation where art and nature merge.
10. Hats off to all the artists that dedicated time to creating such beauty.
To sum it all up, 41 Fleet street is the most outstanding illustration of street art in Jamaica. Go Explore!
Have you ever been to 41 Fleet street?
Follow me on Instagram @naturessweetescapes
About the author
You've discovered my blog. I'm delighted you're here. Maybe it's destiny. I'm Doreen Lillian Scarlett welcome to Nature's Sweet Escapes where I go on the far side of Instagram to document and share my adventures.